Friday, February 3, 2012

Style Starboard: Blue & White
Roundup

Photobucket Why does blue and white always grab my attention and make me stop and stare? It doesn’t matter what it is, if it’s blue and white, I am drawn to it like a sailor to the sea……Blue and white reminds me of summer days on the ocean, hydrangeas in full bloom against a weathered bench, shiny white sailboats gliding through the deep blue sea. My favorite things in nature inspire some of my favorite interiors.

Photobucket

This room brings summer days right in with crisp whites, cool shades of blue, accented by sandy tones and natural textures.

Photobucket

The deep blue sea and crisp white sailboats...the perfect colors to use in your home.

Photobucket From thelennoxx.com Pillows pick up the tone of the sea with crisp white sofas.

Images: Blue Room , Summer Days,, Blue Sea, Crisp White Sofa

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous room. I wish it was my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your words, "Blue and white reminds me of summer days on the ocean, hydrangeas in full bloom against a weathered bench, shiny white sailboats gliding through the deep blue sea." I agree totally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely put! Glad to learn about your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog and tried to subscribe, but I'd rather have it delivered via email, rather than in a reader. Is that an option you can set up? Thanks much, and beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete