Valentine’s Day is the day to buy your sweetie some sweets, however in our option sweets are always better a little salty. Sea salt is a delicious and creative approach to your desserts, it’s proof that opposites do attract. Believe us your sweetie will appreciate the salty.
1. Dark Chocolate, Caramel and Sea Salt Tart: Chocolate, caramel and sea salt seem to make an unstoppable combo. Unlikely but surprising delectable. Move over chocolate and peanut butter.
2. Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip and Sea Salt Cookies: You can’t go wrong with a cookie. Get creative with your cookies, change their shape and ingredients but don’t forget the sea salt it adds that subtle bite you are looking for and changes up all you thought you knew about the classic treat.
3. Mast Brother's Chocolate: Chocolate is the universal Valentine’s Day standby, I mean who doesn’t like getting chocolate? Many gourmet chocolatiers are now adding sea salt to their delicately crafted creations. Brooklyn based chocolate maker, Mast Brother's Chocolate, is becoming famous for their beautiful presentations and interesting combinations, like almonds and sea salt.
4.Sea Salt Caramels: Sometimes it’s okay to leave the chocolate behind and let the irresistible combination of caramel and sea salt do what it does all on it’s own. Melt in your mouth.
5. Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Sea Salt Brownies: Okay I know I said to forget the peanut butter before, but really that would be a huge mistake. Chocolate and peanut butter really is a winning combo when coupled together and then add some sea salt and it’s taken to a whole new level of delicious.
6. Triple Salted Caramel Cupcakes: Beautiful and delicious, how often is that the case? This triple salted caramel cupcake is bound to be a crowd pleaser at any Valentine’s Day party. Kind of flirty, right?
7. Flourless, Orange and Sea Salt Cake: This dessert is somewhat mysterious and intriguing. The citrus makes it exotic and in combination with the sea salt...can a cake be sexy?
Images: Dark Chocolate, Caramel, Sea Salt Tart, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, Sea Salt Cookies, Mast Brother's Chocolate, Sea Salt Caramels, Peanut Butter, Sea Salt Brownies, Triple Salted Caramel Cupcakes, Flourless, Orange, Sea Salt Chocolate Cake, Kilwin's Sea Salt Caramels